Goodness Of Peanut Butter
Benefits Of Peanut Butter: Peanut butter is a great source of fibre, healthy fats and nutrients like vitamin E, niacin and zinc. Peanuts contain complex carbohydrates that are higher in nutrients and help you feel full for a longer time. This might help manage the symptoms of type 2 diabetes and control excess weight gain. The fatty acids present in peanut butter are heart-friendly too. If you are physically active, the consumption of peanut butter may have great advantages!
How To Choose The Best Peanut Butter: When looking for the best peanut butter, these are some of the factors you may want to consider:
- Few ingredients: The lesser, more natural ingredients are better suited for health. Look for ‘Roasted peanuts’ that may meet your dietary needs.
- No added sugar: The detrimental effects of refined sugar can be avoided. The presence of sweeteners like corn syrup provides empty calories without nutrition. It might also benefit conditions like diabetes.
- Preservative-free: Avoid harmful chemicals and additives that could affect health negatively.
Peanut Butter Nutrition And Protein: The nutritional profile for 100 g of peanut butter include:
- 605 calories, 30 g protein, 22 g carbohydrate, 0 g added sugar, 0 g trans fat, 28 g monounsaturated fats and 11 g polyunsaturated fats
- Peanuts are enriched with proteins and essential amino acids like tryptophan and phenylalanine that are necessary for growth and metabolism.