Best of Breast Milk
Even if you search high and low, you will not find a single doctor who will recommend formula or anything else over breast milk. Breast milk is universally accepted as the most nutritious form of fuelling for your little one. The World Health Organisation opines “breastfeeding is an unequalled way of providing the ideal food for healthy growth and development of infants; It is an integral part of the reproductive process with important implications for the health of mothers.” Most experts recommend infants must be exclusively breastfed for the first six months of life to achieve optimal growth, development and health. It not only helps in the healthy development of your child but also for you as a mother, let’s break down some advantages of nature’s perfect baby food.
Health Benefits Of Breast Feeding
- Along with nourishing, breast milk also guards your baby. It is full of live ingredients like white blood cells, good bacteria, stem cells and bioactive components like enzymes, antibiotics, hormones.
- A study found that babies who were breastfed for the first 6 months were less likely to be infected with cold, flu, diarrhoea, ear and chest infection (1).
- Breastfed babies recover faster from infections as the antibodies are produced by the mother.
- The oxytocin is produced in the baby after they are breastfed, this helps to make them fall asleep faster. Other hormones like nucleotides help to regulate the baby’s circadian rhythm.
- The positive influence of breastfeeding on optimal brain development is reflected in studies across the globe (2).
- Another study showed that breastfed babies have higher IQs than those who were formula-fed (3).
- Not only nutrition and immunity, breastfeeding soothes and comforts your little one, it has also been shown to create a greater bond between the mom and the child.
- Breastfeeding moms are at a lower risk of breast and ovarian cancer.
- Women who breastfeed report lesser instances of postpartum depression (4).
- Because breastfeeding burns 300-500 calories, breastfeeding moms have an easier time losing the baby weight.
Causes For Low Breast Milk Supply
Unfortunately, breastfeeding can be quite stressful for some moms. To top it off, there are no clear signs to determine if the baby is getting enough milk. It could be latching on to you, but the milk may not be produced enough. Unlike a feeding bottle, it’s challenging to de-code how much milk your baby is getting. The clearest indication is lack of weight gain. A healthy baby gains 4-7 ounces per week, you can consult a lactation specialist to shy away from any confusion here. Breast milk works on the principle of the demand-supply cycle, lesser demand means the supply is also low. There are no clear reasons as to why this happens, but some common culprits include:
- Infrequent Feeding - Leaving long hour gaps between each meal (more than 4 hours) can affect the milk supply. Mammary glands need to be stimulated frequently to be able to produce adequate milk.
- Short Nursing Periods - Cutting short on the feeding sessions will not sufficiently drain the breasts which in turn results in lower simulation.
- Health and Anatomical Problems - Health issues in the baby like jaundice and tongue-tie may prevent it from taking adequate milk.
- Mom’s Health - If the mom is undergoing health issues related to anaemia, hypothyroidism, postpartum haemorrhage, previous breast surgeries, PCOS and smoking could potentially risk a lower milk supply.
- Pacifiers - Pacifiers have been seen to affect the baby’s latch. For some babies, more time with the pacifier means less time on the breast. Fewer suckling leads to less milk supply.
Increase Your Breast Milk Naturally
Whether you are a first-time mama or a mother to many, you would have definitely come across lactation bars as a tool to boost, maintain and nourish breastmilk supply. It sounds like magic, right? How can a simple snack bar influence my lactation? It is quite obvious - It’s all about the ingredients! Nutrition heavily impacts breast milk production. Well if you are someone looking for ways to make your breast milk thicker, creamier and smoother, Lactobite is sure to meet your expectations.
Why Nutrizoe Lactobites
There are tonnes of different products on the market, each one claiming to make your troubles go away. For concerned breastfeeding moms choosing the right option can be overwhelming, so let’s break down what makes Nutrizoe Lactobites different. Nutrizoe has been crowned the most valued mother-child brand of 2020 by Femina. Lactobites are not typical nutrition bars you usually find - they are packed with ingredients traditionally used to increase milk supply. With the help of lactation experts and doctors, they handpick the superfoods that nature’s got to offer and manufacture them organically with no added preservatives, sugar, chemicals, artificial colour and free from trans fat.
The Superhero Ingredients Include:
- Fennel - It is popular for helping to stimulate prolactin which is the main hormone responsible for milk production.
- Moringa leaves - Moringa leaves are an age-old solution for breast milk supply. These have shown results even in mothers who gave birth preterm.
- Shatavari - This ayurvedic herb is known as the ‘Mother Of All Herbs.’ They hold great importance in aiding the mammary gland.
- Fenugreek seeds - Due to its diosgenin content, fenugreek has the reputation of aiding breast milk supply.
- Halim seeds - It provides a good amount of iron to new mothers and enhances milk supply due to its galactagogue properties.
- Berries - These antioxidant-rich berries are effective for preventing UTI and also enhance the antibodies in breast milk.
- Gondh - It is nutrient-dense and provides vitamins, minerals and essential amino acids along with lactation aid.
- Plant-based protein - Lactobites are a great source of protein. They are prepared with a combination of dates, pea protein, pumpkin seeds and almonds.
Do They Really Work?
Yes! Each bite is loaded with superior ingredients that help to fill the nutrition gap in your diet. They not only support healthy lactation, but they also benefit in cleansing your digestive tract, strengthening the spine, raise haemoglobin levels and boost immunity. They are a convenient on-the-go snack for working moms as they can easily fit into a busy schedule. The wonders of Lactobites can be witnessed on their social media pages that is flooded with happy customers swearing by its benefits. Here’s a sneak peek of what they had to say.
- Celebrity Actress Sameera Reddy - “I am a lactating mother, they definitely work. It has no sugar or preservatives. So working mommies, just put one in the bag and go for it. Give it a try!”
- Sneha - “Nourished with 18 superfoods. It gave me everything a new mother needs after childbirth. It’s something every mommy should eat, get your hands on it today.”
- Vijeta Gawdi - “Being a mother of 3 is no child’s play. As I am still nursing my youngest, I get my energy from Nutroizoe Lactobites bars. It has been a great option for me as I barely have time. I would definitely recommend it.”
Unlike many bars you find in the store, Nutrizoe goes above and beyond to source the ingredients that truly work for you. They make sure that you and your baby feel at your best.