The new trend that’s in vogue right now is “Healthy Living”. We might have heard the word “healthy” more times than we can count. But is it all it’s cracked up to be? If you’re wondering whether you are going to feel a dramatic transformation in the way you feel, suddenly one morning you wake up. We are here to tell you that being healthy is more than just eating fad foods suggested by glossy magazines. Then there’s the other lot who roll their eyes when someone announces they have started eating healthy. It is understandable why it has become such a cliche for some - there is a lot of giddy mystery in the word ‘Healthy’.
Many people are clueless as to what healthy living entails. We revamp our diet for a week and completely give up on our quest for a healthier life, cause we don’t see quick results. According to a Harvard study, turns out a healthy lifestyle does make a difference (1). Health is always invisible for those who have it, it takes a health scare, for people, to wake from their trance and prioritise their wellbeing.
Clean Eating Tips
We have heard time and time again that the payoff for a healthy lifestyle is huge. But it is more of a gradual progression from food choices you make every day. Anybody can work out for 1 hour a day, but holding on to your willpower and making the right choices for the rest of 23 hours is what defines the quality of life. Clean eating is not determined by the amount of weight you lose or the number of fancy labels it includes. But the maximum nutrition it provides with minimum metabolic waste. With, the tips below you’ll understand that healthy eating is surprisingly simple.
- Eat real food that is natural, unrefined and minimally processed.
- Prioritise plants - foods and juices that are made from vegetables, real fruits are rich in vitamins and devoid of calories.
- As hard as it might be, give up excessive eating for the white stuff - salt, sugar and white rice.
- Fill your nutritional gaps by taking supplements, for instance, Omega - 3 is not produced by the body and hence needs to be gained through foods and supplements.
- Give your body time to de-gunk gradually, start eating clean one meal at a time. If you start with breakfast, switch to oats and make every bite enjoyable with tasty toppings like seeds, nuts and fresh fruits.
- Quench your thirst and water your cells by incorporating healthy juices along with water.
- See what works for you, vegan, keto, gluten-free, high fibre, vegetarian, sugar-free, pick the one your stomach agrees with.
- Buy your product from companies that choose to put people and the planet first.
- Writing down your food habits might help you understand the choices you make and cut back on them (remember baby steps)
- And the classic - nothing can replace your fruits and vegetables, make them the core of your foods.
Take a look at what clean eating looks in action, our product recommendations might help you take the first leap towards your healthier lifestyle.
If you are looking for reasons to include amala in your lifestyle, we could give you 5 that’ll get you ready to start your wellness journey. The humble Indian gooseberry, popularly known as amla, has earned its superfood status by having 8 times more vitamins than any citrus fruit and being loaded with anti-oxidants. It has been called as “nectar of life” in Sanskrit literature.
Neuherbs Amla Health Benefits
- Made from 99.9% organic fresh amla without the addition of artificial flavour or water, it is the purest immunity concoction available in the market.
- Neuherbs amla has gained a reputation for its benefits on skin and hair, it aids in collagen production and helps to relieve rashes and skin allergies.
- The abundance of vitamin C in Neuherbs amla lowers cholesterol levels in the blood, making it a superb choice for reducing blood pressure.
- It helps to wash out toxins and regulate menstrual cycles in women.
- This wonder tonic is your immunity care pack, a guardian against life-sucking pathogens.
Amla Refresher Recipe
- Amla juice - 60 ml
- Lemon juice - 45 ml
- Ginger juice - 25 ml
- Grated ginger - 2 tsp
- Mint leaves - 8/10
- Sugar syrup - 45 ml
- Roasted cumin powder - a pinch
- Black salt to taste
- Water as required
- Take a shaker and blend all the above ingredients in the mentioned quantities.
- In a tall glass (as much as your heart desires) add grated ginger and mint leaves and strain the drink on top of it.
- You can add ice cubes at the top to cool it down and garnish it with mint spring.
- Enjoy a refreshing Amla beverage!
Neuherbs Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cycle vinegar enriched with live cultures, minerals and acids is a popular kitchen remedy in every household. Kick start your morning with a shot of Neuherbs Apple Cider Vinegar. This raw, unfiltered fermented apple extract is made without any added preservatives, artificial favouring or water. Its authenticity has been certified by USDA Organic, India Organic and One Cert Certified. Unlike your vodka shots, AVC should not be taken straight out of the bottle, as it affects your teeth. It is more delicious to dilute them with honey, olive oil or water. If you still doubt the amazing properties this drink holds, the benefits below are sure to change your mind. So hop on to this miracle cure bandwagon and gain the advantages it’s got to offer.
Health Benefits of Neuherbs AVC
- It helps to detox your body and flush out toxins.
- It cleanses your liver and lymphatic system.
- Rich in antibacterial properties, it protects you from developing infections.
- It is the most effective and healthiest way to keep your blood sugar level in the normal range.
- A study where people with diabetes consumed 2 tablespoons of AVC at bedtime found their insulin to be reduce by 4% the very next morning (2).
- When taken along with a high carb meal, studies showed people eating 220 - 270 fewer calories, because it kept them fuller. This, in turn, resulted in increased weight loss (3).
- AVC is a very common remedy for skin ailments due to its anti-bacterial properties. It helps to prevent skin infections and boosts skin health.
How to Use Neuherbs Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Refreshing Beverage
Add a fun twist to your morning with this delicious AVC juice, it takes only 5 minutes to prep. To a glass of water, add 2 tsp of AVC, along with lemon, honey, ginger and garlic. Blend them all together and slurp it up! It is recommended to have it twice daily to avail full benefits of AVC.
2. AVC for Skin
When used correctly, AVC can absorb excess oils, exfoliate the skin, and unplug blocked pores. It also has the ability to renew the proper pH levels to your epidermis. Add equal parts of water to Neuherbs apple cider vinegar and use it as toner daily. Pour the mixture into a cotton ball and dab it lightly after cleansing.
3. AVC for Hair
This hip health condiment lives upto all the hype, it contains a good amount of acetic acid that helps to bring the PH scale of your hair back to balance. It exfoliates the scalp and can help to provide it with the nutrition it needs. Apply, water and AVC mixture on your scalp after conditioning. Rinse it off once it’s soaked in for a few minutes.
These superfoods have been there for centuries. Whether you are stirring up your oatmeal bowl, whirling your smoothies or baking a sweet delicacy, these seeds can bring the nutrition aspect to your meals. This seemingly tiny snack has a lot to offer, they are loaded with fibre, protein, fats, vitamins and minerals. Over time, consumed regularly, These seeds can help keep your digestion on track and your cholesterol level in check. It aids in reducing the risk of cancer and heart diseases.
Chia Seeds - Categorised under superfood, it comes from the plant - ‘Salvia Hispania’. Even the Mayans and the Aztecs consumed them for their powerful abilities. Chia seeds happen to be an excellent source of fibre, they are also a great contender to aid your weight goals. Being rich in antioxidants, they help to control the ongoing oxidative damage. Chia seeds are thriving in anti-inflammation properties, which helps to ward off the nuisance of joint and muscle pain.
Flax seeds - Reach out for a flaxseed beverage, next time you feel lethargic. They are composed of gut strengthening fibres and a heart-healthy blend of fats. Being rich in omega-3 fatty acids they are uniquely characterised by a rare chemical component called lignans which are responsible for lowering the risk of cancer and bad cholesterol. It serves as a great choice for vegans and vegetarians for getting their DHA(docosahexaenoic acid) and APA (Alpha-Linolenic Acid).
Pumpkin Seeds - This tasty little snack stands out for providing 16% of your iron and fibre needs. Under the green exterior, they are ripe with vitamins, minerals, iron, manganese, phosphorus and magnesium. Pumpkin seeds can be an alternative source for vegan and vegetarians to get their dose of iron from plant-based nutrition. The seeds are packed with nine essential amino acids and protein. Their Vitamin K content helps in bone health and heart health.
Neuherbs Fish Oil
The solution for your debilitating pain in your joints can be eased with an effective yet simple fish oil supplement. Being a popular alternative to ease joint paint; the health benefits of fish oil ranges from cholesterol to diabetic issues. If you are feeling ready to add fish oil into your diet, it can be consumed in pill form or from fish. The WHO recommends consuming fish 1-2 times per week.
Neuherbs Fish Oil Health Benefits
- Leading cause of death - Heart ailments can be prevented by consuming fish oil.
- Our brains are primarily made up of Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega - 3 supplements can help to support your mental health and brain function.
- It helps to improve body composition and aid in weight loss.
- Your eyes rely on Omega-3 fatty acids, fish oil can help to boost your vision.
- It helps to treat conditions of chronic inflammation.
Tasty Foods with Fish Oil
Salmon - This delicious and versatile deep-sea fish is claimed to be the most nutritious fish in the world. Along with an abundance of Omega-3 fatty acids, it is a great source of vitamin B, potassium, selenium and astaxanthin. It also helps to fight off inflammation and keep the extra pounds away.
Sardines - Named after the city in Italy, these fish are enjoyed fresh as they have a very limited shelf life. Omega-3, vitamins, calcium and protein are some nutrients that can be found in this popular dish. These fishes have been roaming the oceans for years.
Shad - This underbelly dark bluefish is a nutrition generator and a good addition to your diet. Low in sodium, it is a great source of macronutrients like phosphorus, niacin and selenium. Native to America, it provides protein, calcium, iron, magnesium and other important nutrients.
This ancient grain is actually pronounced ‘Kwin-o-a’ and has hailed from centuries that dates back to the time of Inca warriors. It has rightfully acclaimed the title of ‘Mother of All Grains.’ Matching to its marvellous standards, it thrives only at altitudes above 9000 feet above sea level. The most sweetest and whitest grains are grown at 13,000 feet.
Health Benefits of Neuherbs Quinoa
- Being a pseudo-grain, it is gluten-free.
- It contains 9 essential amino acids and has a high quality of protein that exceeds more than what is found in milk and rice.
- It falls under the sample umbrella of sprouted grains, amaranth and wild rice when it comes to alkaline-forming.
- These could be your go-to grain for weight loss, as it’s non-fattening and contains only 172 calories per 1/4th cup. It falls under the category of smart cabs - those with a low glycemic index and doesn’t spike your blood sugar level.
- It is the perfect source of Riboflavin, a type of vitamin that is responsible for improving energy metabolism within brain and muscle cells.
- The saponins from quinoa help to promote healing in skin injuries.
Delicious Garlic Butter Quinoa
Indulge in the butter flavour of the one-pot dish and satisfy your cravings for fluffy and nutritious jazzy quinoa.
- Regular butter or ghee - ⅔ tsp
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Quinoa - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable broth - 250 ml
- In a pan, add quinoa, butter, salt and garlic powder.
- Then add the appropriate amount of vegetable broth, depending on your quinoa.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cover.
- Keep it on simmer until its fluffy.
- Poke holes with a fork and serve!
Eating well is a form of self-respect for your body. “When I say the word nutrition, people only hear restriction or self-denying their favourite foods,” says, Dr Shweta (lead nutritionist at Cora). It is more about making food choices that agree with you and being a conscious consumer. Make time for your wellness so you don’t end up making time for your illness.