About Apple Cider Vinegar
Most of our kitchen cabinets have a bottle of apple cider vinegar on the shelf, isn’t it? We often use it in our salad dressing and dips, but how many of us know where it comes from, what it does and how we can apply this superfood to our health plans? I surely didn’t- not until I did a little digging. Apple cider vinegar gained traction in Greece in 400 B.C when Hippocrates, ‘the father of medicine’, suggested apple cider vinegar for colds, coughs and treatment of wounds. Since then, it has been a secret ingredient that has been employed as a natural remedy for an assortment of ailments with fewer side-effects.
Let us embark on this journey of discovery to optimize the way we use apple cider vinegar:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Can Ease Your Weight Loss
Apple cider vinegar has everyone’s interest piqued when it comes to its valuable contributions towards fighting obesity and unwanted fat accumulation in the body. Several studies suggest that this vinegar can reduce appetite as it slows down the emptying of the stomach and dietary fat intake. It also inhibits the formation of plasma lipids and triglycerides in the blood and prevents the formation and retention of saturated fatty acids, mono-unsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids (1). Including this into your regime along with exercise may lead to a lower BMI and get a few inches off your waist.
2. Keep Your Hair Silky And Strong
This superfood is packed with probiotics, potassium, magnesium and enzymes. Due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it can destroy toxic bacteria while enhancing a flourishing healthy microbiome. Apple cider vinegar may be used to prohibit an itchy scalp by fighting fungal growth and lowering the pH to a suitable value so that your hair looks silky and strong (2). It was even taken up by the ancient Romans for this purpose.
3. Derail Diabetes
Apple cider vinegar has been promoted as an easy, inexpensive solution to regulate the concentration of glucose in your bloodstream. If you are struggling with the side-effects of type 2 diabetes, this might be an excellent home remedy to help you keep it under control. Studies have shown the ability of vinegar to reduce the glycemic index of carbohydrate-heavy foods when ingested while increasing insulin sensitivity. It has also been reported that vinegar can decrease lower density lipoproteins and elevate the good higher density lipoproteins (3). Especially when taken after dinner, it might lower the blood sugar levels to a significant degree.
4. Heal Your Heart
Experiments have been performed to display the noteworthy decrease of systolic blood pressure and hypertension by the inclusion of apple cider vinegar. It was also found that the absorption and retention of calcium, which is a crucial part of our cardiovascular system, is shot up. Apple cider vinegar is rich in a dietary acid called alpha-linolenic acid that can combat the risks of irregular rhythms of the heart (4). There is a lot more research to be done on this subject, but there is no denying that in conjuncture with regular exercise and a well-balanced diet, an apple cider vinegar a day may keep the doctor away!
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar
- To direct your overall immunity, digestion and blood sugar levels, this vegan-friendly product can be taken twice a day. To a glass of water, add 2 tsp apple cider vinegar. Put in some ginger, garlic, honey and lemon to make a nourishing beverage.
- For healthy hair, use apple cider vinegar in this manner- Mix in 2 tbsp organic apple cider vinegar in water and apply it onto your scalp after regular hair wash. Allow it to sit for a few mins and then rinse it out. Try this out several times a week for sleek hair.
- For weight loss, mix 1-2 full spoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water and consume before every meal.
- Apple cider vinegar may help the symptoms of arthritis and painful joints by drinking a glass of water with 2 tsp cider vinegar with 2 tsp honey 3 times a day.
We can see the marvelous advantages this elixir can have in our day-to-day lives. Making small changes in your daily habits like including this health portion will make big changes in the way you tackle your responsibilities. Say yes to natural, conscious solutions and stay fit as a fiddle!