By Shivani Kakhandki, Cora Health
Breakfast is that one meal that can set the tone for the rest of your day. It’s true that we might not have the time to prepare a lavish breakfast spread for ourselves owing to the hustle-bustle of going to work every morning. But if we eat one or two healthy dishes and start our day—it can make a great difference to our health. Our body ends up consuming the energy from our previous night’s meal by the time we wake up, this means that our body’s battery is on a low level and needs to have that quick recharge to jumpstart the day on a healthy note. To achieve this, having just one cup of tea or coffee isn’t sufficient.
On the other hand, filling up on the right kinds of foods will curb your cravings and will ensure that you feel full until its lunchtime to minimize snacking and encourage weight loss as well. We get it! Most of us are always on a lookout for quick and easy breakfast recipes as we are in a hurry most of the mornings (Aren’t we always?!) We’re giving you some healthy yet indulgent easy-to-make recipes using our True Elements Granola. Read on and get ready to don your favourite apron.
For each recipe:
Prep time: 5mins
Cooking time: 5mins
Total Recipe Time: 10mins
Dark Chocolate Granola Smoothie
Smoothies don’t really face a rejection, do they? Here’s a healthy, indulgent and easy smoothie recipe for you:
- 1 bowl True Elements Dark Chocolate Granola
- 1 bowl condensed milk
- 1 spoon chocolate chips
- Mix Dark Chocolate Granola and Condensed Milk together in a bowl and grind it up until smooth and thick.
- Take the smoothie out in a glass and garnish with chocolate chips on top.
- You can either drink it up straight away or let it chill in the fridge for a while and serve it cold.
You can also be creative and turn this recipe into a well-dressed smoothie bowl. Need any recos for bowl toppings? We’re thinking banana, coconut and chia seeds maybe?
Dark Chocolate Granola Pancakes
People love the versatility of pancakes—can be eaten for breakfast and for desserts (starry eyes). And we think this recipe fits both the categories, read on:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- True Elements Dark Chocolate Granola
- Include favorite toppings like honey, jams, maple syrup etc (optional but what’s a pancake without some toppings, right?)
- Mix all purpose flour, baking powder and salt together and set it aside for a few minutes.
- Take another bowl and mix milk, oil and egg thoroughly in it. To this, add the mixture from step 1 and add Dark Chocolate Granola to this. Other ingredients like jam, honey or maple syrup can be added here in this step.
- Heat the pan on a medium flame and add oil/butter to it. Take a small portion of the pancake batter and place it on the pan in a circular way. Make sure not to spread it, for it should remain thick from all sides.
- Once the bubbles start forming, flip the pancake and cook until golden brown.
- Remove the pancake and garnish with your favorite toppings like chocolate, berries or jam. What’s a pancake without some toppings, right?
Suited for: People looking for healthier options for quick breakfast. Dark chocolate granola is rich in antioxidants, fiber and protein.
Avoid when: If you are allergic to almonds, soy and gluten.
Recipe Courtesy: True Elements