Red Velvet Cupcake - Keto-friendly!
Now who doesn't love the luscious taste of red velvet cupcakes? If you have been on a keto diet and wanting to indulge in some healthy cupcakes, here's a keto-friendly recipe for you!
Ingredients (For 6 Cupcakes)
- 7 gms (1 tbsp) coconut flour
- 40 gms (1/2 cup) almond flour
- 7 gms (2 tbsp) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 40gms Powdered Sweetener of choice to taste (like erythritol)
- 2 eggs
- 35 gms melted butter
- 1 tsp plain vinegar (white)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Few drops of red or pink food coloring (optional)
For cream cheese frosting
- 100 gms cream cheese (room temp)
- 50 gms unsalted butter (room temp)
- Vanilla essence, 3–4 drops
- Powdered Sweetener of choice to taste (like erythritol and stevia mix)
Sieve all dry ingredients together into a bowl and set it aside. In a separate bowl, whip all wet ingredients for 3–4 minutes using a hand mixer or whisk. Now, add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and gently fold. Do not over mix.
While mixing, taste for sweetness and increase if required. Pour this batter into cupcake moulds or liners, filling it 3/4 of the way (if using paper liners ensure they are placed in an oven safe bowl or muffin tray).
Bake for 20–25 minutes till the knife comes out clean. Let the cupcakes cool completely before adding the frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
Use a hand mixer to whip all frosting ingredients together for 4–5 minutes till light and fluffy. Taste for sweetness and mix in additional sweetener if required.
Put the frosting in a piping bag and pipe onto the cooled cupcake or spoon it on with a knife.
Prep Time : 15 minutes
Cook Time : 30 minutes
Total Recipe Time :45 minutes
Suited For: People looking for healthier options for sweets, People with heart and sugar ailments
Avoid When: Nuts allergy
Products in Cora store: Almonds, Almond Flour, Coconut Flour